I’ve decided to retire this wordpress blog and ‘downsize’ my blogging activities to an occassional post at the my picture motherhood blog. Hope to see you all over there.
I’ve been feeling a little “off” the last few days … I’m very behind on blogging and visiting. I’m feeling a little better today so I wanted to share my edits of the Valentine’s tails that my sons gave each other.
The changes are subtle on both photos … because I just wasn’t feeling very creative the last few days. My main goal (aside from the usual white balance, exposure, brightness, etc. tweaks) was to sharpen the words on the valentine stickers without affecting the rest of the photo. I used the very handy Adjustment Brush tool to do this and customized the settings until I was happy with the outcome.
For the second photo, I also did a slight crop and removed some of the crumbs on the chair using the Spot Removal tool. There are two ways to remove blemishes in LR3, Clone or Heal. Either way it’s super easy to do but I tend to Clone things out. Unlike PSE, you select the area you want to retouch first and the program automatically selects an “clean” area nearby for you. Sometimes, the program gets it right. If not, you can make adjustments to the spot circles. You can move them around, change the size and opacity at any time. I love this tool!
Looking forward to seeing your edits but it might take me a few days to catch up. Happy Saturday, all : )
The hubby is home again at last. He took the red eye back and stepped in the door as the boys and I were waking up. So he went straight to bed while I tried to keep the boys quiet. By afternoon, he was feeling good enough to bake cookies for us and gave me a bit of a break. I used my alone time to get reacquainted with my Nikon D70 manual. I had tried reading it a few times in the past but I might as well have been reading a book written in French. Words looked familiar but my brain couldn’t process any of the information at all.
I don’t know why but this time around something clicked. My eyes didn’t glaze over like they used to and I got through the section on setting my Preset White Balance without much effort. This is something I struggle with especially this winter with all the snow we’ve had. These are my before and after sooc shots of the view out my window:
And, look at that! The snow isn’t the colour of pee on the right. Both images are slightly underexposed but it was a grey day and I haven’t gotten to the chapter on Exposure yet.