1. my town – I didn’t have an opportunity to take pictures of our downtown area so instead I’ve chosen a photo of my neighbourhood taken in the spring with a Blackberry phone camera. Those are my kids in the distance with their bike helmets on and no bike in sight.
2. something vintage – I’m not sure if this Nikon SLR qualifies as being vintage but it is definitely old. Owned by my dad who passed away several years ago, it is also something I hold close to my heart along with the many childhood memories I have of him behind the lens.
3. tilt-shift – The hardest part about this theme was finding a photo that was suitable for tilt-shift processing. Living in a small city with a height restriction on buildings, I didn’t have too many options for a far-away-view-from-above photo so instead I searched my archives and found this photo taken a year ago with my Blackberry. It wasn’t taken from above but I think it works. Well … sort of … I think. My mini-me’s (and hubby) in miniature!!
Technical Notes: I used Lightroom 3’s graduated filter tool to create the blur.
4. dress-up – Since his older brother was in costume on Friday for junior kindergarten class, LittleR Dude had to, just had to put his on as well. He is dressed as himself … a cheeky monkey.
5. chocolate – And here is my little monkey again after gobbling up a tiny piece of chocolate scored on a trick-or-treating round at his daddy’s work on Friday.