This week’s scavenger hunt was very challenging for me for 2 reasons: I have very little experience in night photography and ditto for sky scapes. On the other hand, I do have 2 children and they do eat a lot. Interestingly enough, my favourite photos this week turned out to be the ones that posed the biggest challenge (night and sky).
All photos except the children image were taken with my little Nikon P6000. I’m enjoying a little break from the clunky DSLR this week.
1. the 5 senses – I decided to take a picture of my boys lunch plate since eating pretty much covers all the 5 senses. For my boys, the better the presentation, the more likely they will gobble everything up so I try to make their sandwiches interesting visually.
2. child/children – The boys enjoying a bit of iPad time … closely watched by mommy, of course.
3. dining – Our meals have gone to the dogs!
4. night – I set the camera on a little $5 tripod on our glass deck table and used no flash to get this image. I also used the timer to avoid blur caused by my finger pressing down on the trigger.
5. sky – I like this one because, aside from applying an auto tone edit, it’s pretty much a SOOC.
Check out Ramblings and Photos by Ashley Sisk to see other scavenger hunt entries:
Here are themes for next weekend’s challenge:
- My Town
- Something Vintage (October 2010 item)
- Tilt-Shift Photography (October 2010 item – Tutorial Here or Tilt-Shift Maker here or Coffeeshop’s Teeny Tiny World)
- Dress Up (this could also be “in disguise” – October 2010 item)